3. Practical advice and tips for carers > Driving and transport alternatives

Driving and transport alternatives

12) Concessions for visually impaired people

If you are registered as blind or partially sighted following a stroke you may be eligible for the free travel pass in Scotland. Check with your local authority for eligibility guidelines. You will need evidence of your visual impairment, a recent passport size photograph and proof of your address in Scotland. Further information from the Transport Scotland website or call 0141 272 7100.

It is also possible if you are registered blind, under 60, on the high or middle rate of Disability Living Allowance or Attendance allowance to be accompanied when travelling. Both can travel free or at a reduced rate but you must both travel from the same destinations at the same time.

You may also be eligible for reduced rail and internal flights in the UK.