7. Carers’ rights

Carers’ rights

11) Advocacy services

Lady talking on the telephone

You can get independent help to put your complaint to the organisation by using an Advocacy Service. Advocacy can assist and support you to communicate and express your views about complex issues to large organisations. They can help by assisting with forms and drafts of complaints letters. In some instances they will help you to draft letters to your MP, MSP or local counsillor. They may be able to accompany you to important meetings and inform you of your rights. They will not make decisions for you but will represent your wishes to third parties and external agencies. They are not a counselling service.

For more information on advocacy for carers see the following links.

This page was posted in Carers’ rights and tagged . Bookmark this page.