In the early stages try not to make any major decisions such as selling property, giving up council tenancy, major housing adaptations, giving up work etc. until the possible future needs become clearer. Recovery from stroke can be a slow process and the brain and body takes time to heal. Not all strokes are the same. Even if the person makes a quick physical recovery there may be hidden deficits such as fatigue or poor concentration for some time after the stroke.
You should now know:-
- What a stroke is and the types.
- Some of the tests and investigations for TIA and Stroke.
- The main symptoms of stroke.
- You should have greater awareness of the sort of questions to ask staff when visiting.
- Links to information available on line for you to look at yourself.
- How to find out about local hospital and ward policies.