Many carers are young people who may be caring for a parent, brother or sister or grandparent.
These young carers have different needs including school /college/higher education. Keeping in touch with friends of their own age. Having a life outside from caring. It can be difficult for them to make contact with other young carers.
The following organisations have information and access to help for young stroke carers.
- The Stroke Association: young stroke service 0303 3033 100
- Different strokes 0845 130 7172
- NHS young carers
- Barnardo’s young carers
- CHSS young stroke worker CHSS advice line 0808 801 0899
- Dundee Young Carers Project 01382 200 422
- The Carers Trust: Young Carers
Other carer organisations including The Carers Trust have groups or individual workers who will help young stroke carers across Scotland. They may also offer day or residential trips where young carers can meet and support each other.