3. Practical advice and tips for carers > Physical deficits

Physical deficits

24) Questions about balance, mobility or falls?

NHS home assessment

NHS home assessment

If you have any questions about balance, mobility or falls try to make an appointment to speak to the physiotherapists. They can give advice or discuss the particular problems for each individual. In some wards carers are invited to attend some therapy sessions if this is appropriate. You will see how the person is doing with their walking and balance.You may be given advice on how to safely assist the person before they go home.

If you are at home and a mobility problem arises your GP may be able to make a referral for physiotherapy assessment in the community or as an outpatient. Some health boards have a self referral system to get access to physiotherapy for minor injuries.

You may have questions about outdoor mobility. Discuss with your GP or ask for an assessment.

This page was posted in Physical deficits and tagged , , . Bookmark this page.