Do you find yourself asking any of these questions as a carer?
- Why has all this happened to me?
- How will I get through this?
- How could God let this happen?
- Why is there suffering?
Have you experienced any of these feelings in your carer role?
- I feel as if I have lost hope
- I feel angry
- I feel guilty about resenting my carer role
- I feel as if I have lost faith
- I feel as if I have lost my identity
- I feel uncertain about the future
It is normal to ask these questions during a time of great change in your life. These may be deep seated feelings and emotions you do not feel you can easily share or express to those closest to you. You may need to find an outlet for these thoughts and feelings to be able to adapt to your new life after stroke.