Your GP’s role includes:
- Information, advice and treatment options for stroke and associated medical conditions.
- Advice on disease prevention
- Prescriptions and monitoring of effects of medication
- Referral to specialist hospital or community care services
- Referral to other agencies such as social work, out patients, voluntary organisations
- Advice about access to local NHS services
- Health screening, lifestyle advice
- Coordination with other health services
- Health checks for long term conditions and enabling patients to manage their long term condition in partnership with medical and other care workers.
- Reports for benefits, housing needs etc.