If you have any questions about the details of the discharge plan – ask.
The plan should include:
- Details of the treatment and results of investigations the patient has had.
- Any medication and the dose.
- Any follow up which has been arranged such as outpatient appointments or any further investigations needed in the community.
- Transport arrangements.
- The dates of admission and discharge.
- The consultant and named nurse.
- Hospital ward name and telephone number.
- Details of the package of care if this has been arranged to support you and the patient.
- Blood pressure readings.
For a sample discharge list please see: Stroke Discharge Process, NHS Grampian [.pdf, 193KB].