The following are useful websites for a variety of local contacts.
- Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland– In particular the section on community support, welfare grants and community stroke services groups. Call our freephone advice line on 0808 801 0899.
- Carers Scotland or call on 0808 808 7777
- Crossroads Caring Scotland-this organisation provides short breaks within the home. Carers can then arrange to go out for a few hours knowing the person is safe and has a companion with them. They have services across Scotland, check this link for your nearest service. Telephone 0141 226 3793.
- Carers Net- Coalition of carers in Scotland. Comprised of carer organisations from across the country and from various disability groups including stroke. They have details of carer strategies from local authorities, policy updates, opportunities for carers to become involved in consultation groups and working groups such as the Rural and Remote carers working group or the short breaks working group. Telephone 01786 850247
- The Carers Trust. This site has sections on getting help, local carer’s centres money matters, employment and caring, carer stories and respite care. Telephone 0300 123 2008
- Care Information Scotland– this site is for carers of older people with a disability. They include a care services directory, support groups local to your area, legislation and care homes. Telephone 0800 011 3200
- Topic 4: Care at home > Social care > Day care and respite