You should consider what you would do in an emergency or if you are delayed or become unwell and need to get replacement care arranged quickly.
- NHS 24 telephone 111
- Your GP
- Local minor injuries clinic
- 999 for emergencies which require paramedical or medical intervention
- Local pharmacy for advice about medication
- Local Authority Social Work team
- Out of hours emergency team
- Some local authorities will have a dedicated emergency contact number
You can ask for a carer and a needs assessment from your local authority. This can include an emergency plan agreed in advance so that you can have peace of mind and the local authority will have all the information they need to make necessary arrangements.
- Ask family and friends if they are willing to help if you have an emergency