3. Practical advice and tips for carers
Table of Contents
- Treatment options and tips for altered sensation - 1
- Treatment options and tips for altered sensation - 2
- Care of the affected arm
- Care of the affected arm video
- Care of the affected arm - The Stiff Arm
- Care of the affected arm - how therapists can help
- Care of the affected arm- Do and Don't
- Positioning in a chair and bed video
- Balance and mobility
- Effects of stroke which may make balancing and regaining mobility difficult.
- Sitting balance
- Standing Balance
- Weight transfer
- Walking with an AFO (Ankle-Foot Orthosis) video
- Getting up and down stairs video
- How can you assist with regaining mobility?
- What might stop you walking independently after stroke?
- Falls prevention
- Falls - What to do
- How to help if someone you care for has a fall
- What should I do/not do following a fall?
- Questions about balance, mobility or falls?