By the end of this topic you should:
- Know about basic moving and handling for stroke carers.
- Know more about using equipment including a patient turner, slide or glide sheet, sliding board.
- Know how to assist someone in a wheelchair including on to a kerb or manoeuvering a wheelchair.
- Know how to assist someone in and out of a car.
- Know how to put a wheelchair into the boot of a car safely.
- Know some tips for moving and handling at home.
- Know where and how to get individual advice about moving and handling.